Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Post all of your hate mail on my timeline so that I won't get it

This timeline business on facebook is driving me batty. Really--I cannot STAND it. How do I really feel, you ask? I hate it. I am usually one of those people who reads other people's complaints about things like facebook and Twitter and think, "Let me get this straight--you are complaining about an OPTIONAL free service while using that same service and this makes sense to you--REALLY?!" That is USUALLY what I think. Now I am changing my tune.

When my justanothertiredmommy fb page changed, I didn't think anything of it. I am used to things changing on facebook--it is like the fourth child I never had who steals the attention away from the other three children and the husband--sometimes I don't like how it treats me, but it is still the favorite and I will never turn my back on it. Even when people complained about the timeline--I thought, "What's the big deal? People are crazy..." until I finally realized that I do not know how to GET to my timeline. People post things and I have no clue how to read what they have posted. The only reason I even KNOW that this is happening is because when someone ELSE comments on something that is posted on my timeline, I can then see it. Then I feel like a jerk because people take the time to post things on my timeline and then think that I ignore them and their funny material. Not cool.

I am finding this tiresome and boring (and confusing) to even TALK about--so as per yesterday's new motto, I should end here. Stupid timeline.















4 comments:

  1. I HATE my timeline too!!! I feel like it should be a choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! And I would like to CHOOSE an option that allows me to actually see what people post for me! Stupid timeline...

      Delete
  2. Thanks, I so needed to hear this! I actually just joined fb, and none of it makes sense to me - it's so frustrating! To make things worse, since it just changed, all the help material is about the old format, which is like Greek to me because I never saw the old format - argh! Ok, obviously I have some pent-up freaking out to do, thanks for letting me vent! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to be honest, it used to be fairly simple. It probably still is that simple and I'm just an idiot! I finally FOUND my time line and was afraid to exit out of it for fear of never getting back again! Good luck to you...Greek would be easier at this point...

      Delete

I LOVE feedback--especially the POSITIVE kind...