Thursday, March 1, 2012

Leap Around The Blogosphere Leap Around The Blogosphere Leap Around the Blogosphere...


It is LEAP YEAR, so to honor that, Melissa at Rock and Drool and Jessica at Found the Marbles are doing a  Leap Around The Blogosphere blog hop today.  If you are interested, the linky is: Leap Around The Blogosphere

My childhood nickname was Niks. Nika-nooka,nocka (WHAT?! THAT just made me laugh out loud because I haven't heard it in so long and my Auntie JoAnne coined it which REALLY makes SO MUCH SENSE--to ME!) Nika-Nika, Puerta-rica (that one was from the mean boy in grade school (I don't know if I am allowed to type his name. I won't, because I don't want to be the "mean GIRL," but I am pretty sure that he is the president of his own country now. NOT because he was the mean boy (or because he knows ANYTHING about geography (Puerta-rica?! REALLY?!)), but because he was ridiculously smart and sneaky. Don't ask me WHY that makes him the perfect candidate for running his own country--I just type it as I think it. After sharing this...information...with my college friends, it stuck with my dear friend, Becky and she calls me, "Puerta-rica."  Not so mean when SHE says it! Also in college, SHANEEEKAAAA was a nickname for a short amount of time. We were going through a thing.

If you want to spoil me rotten, buy me a housekeeper. Well, don't BUY me a housekeeper. That sort of thing is frowned upon and is illegal in most states. Maybe not Nevada. I don't think ANYTHING is illegal in NEVADA. I want to go to Nevada. 

The television character I most identify with is Mr. Magoo. I walk around not knowing WHAT the hell is going on most of the time, yet I seem to make it through my days not hurting myself or others. Usually.
Oh--and the mother on The Middle who was the mother on Everybody Loves Raymond--actually, I identify with BOTH of her characters. Maybe it's HER...

If I had a whole day to go shopping and money to spend, I would go to  NEVADA--I just SAID that! Just kidding--I would go to NYC. Am I even ALLOWED to travel? I'd like to see a show while I'm there. Am I ALLOWED to see a show while I'm there?! Am I ME in this scenario or am I a less tired, more motivated version of myself? I need to confer with the test administrator on this one...

The most wild and crazy thing I have ever done (that I can admit to publicly) THIS makes me laugh because it reminds me of how lame I really am. OH...in college some friends and I tried to steal a road sign. We were too afraid to actually take a sign from the ROAD, so we [tried to] lug one out of an apartment complex. It was huge and had cement surrounding the bottom of it. Is there a statute of limitations on that sort of thing? 

The one thing on my bucket list that I am most eager to do travel.  Here AND abroad. And EAT. Well, I want to get skinny and THEN I want to eat. But I want to remain skinny AFTER I eat--none of this travel around the world and come back looking like my bigger older sister swallowed me whole. I don't have a BIGGER older sister (those of you who know me know that my sister makes Barbie look bloated), but I think you get the point.

My family will always be loyal to ...okay, this one is hard for us right now. My children are at ages where loyalty is not quite their thing. I'm not proud, I'm just saying that the youngest would trade us all in for Barney (YES...BARNEY.), my second would trade us ALL in for five extra minutes with the MP3 and my oldest would trade us in...well, just to trade us in (and to REALLY tick me off--he would consider THAT a bonus).

If I could spend a day with a celebrity I would choose…I am SO out of the loop! I don't even KNOW what celebrities are out there anymore! I am certain there is (at least) one I would like to hang out with, I just can't think of it right now. I would say a really hot one (Ryan Gosling--he's a person, right? And he's hot? But what would I even DO with him--stop being dirty. This is PG and I am WAY TOO TIRED for all of THAT. Oh---and I'm married.) I think I would want to hang with a celebrity mom--not like Angelina or even JLo--one who seems more down to earth and who may parent (that's what I'M calling it anyway...) the way I do and we could commiserate over mimosas and whine wine...hmmm...

In my opinion, the best invention in the history of the world is…facebook. really. There are so many things that have made me say, "OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS THE BEST INVENTION IN THE HISTORY OF THE WHOLE WORLD!" but I can't think of all of them right now, so I am going with facebook. BEFORE facebook, I would stay up at night thinking about all of the people I lost touch with or didn't check in with and would feel SO VERY GUILTY. And sad. I never MEAN to lose touch or to give up on friendships, but life happens and I am REALLY very lazy. REALLY. And TIRED. SO...facebook came along and I got in touch with all of those people who used to only dwell in my memories (or in the horrible feeling in my stomach because I am such a sucky friend) and NOW I spend my nights thinking about how I suck as a parent. Hmmm. I wonder if facebook can fix THAT?!

When life hands me lemons,I throw them at my husband. Or children. No--just my husband. When we were still in the whole everyone gets up with dirty diapers phases of our relationship (NOW they just get UP!), I would kick him in the middle of the night. HARD. I would be so pissed that I got up every night while HE snored away...this caused me MUCH anger towards him. SO...I would PROBABLY throw my lemons at my husband. Who would THEN either throw them back (it's hard to live with a woman who KICKS you while you sleep!) OR...make lemonade for himself to drink. THEN he would say, "Oh--I'm sorry--did you want some?"  I am TOTALLY going to kick him for THAT one.

NOW it is YOUR turn! I can't wait to read them all--and bloggers--don't  forget to link up at  Leap Around The Blogosphere


9 comments:

  1. Hilarious. I hadn't thought about throwing the lemons at anyone but come to think of it I have pretty good pitching arm and stellar aim. Those lemons could actually come in handy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SEE?! Not such a bad idea, right?! Thanks for the hop--and for the opportunity to make me think about what I would REALLY do with lemons...

      Delete
  2. Haahaha - these are great answers and what a fabulous link-up. I love watching The Middle, it reminds me a little of my family ... I get to be the dorky, people-pleasing daughter.

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks--I hope you were able to link up! As for Sue...I was SOOOOO her in my tween years (and probably well into my twenties)! In fact, whenever she does something totally painful (think attacked by a deer when practicing for track "TRYOUTS") my husband will say, "Awwww...are we looking at little Nika here?" THAT is why I want to throw lemons at him!

      Delete
  3. Too funny! Love that you want to throw lemons at the husband! I have felt/feel that same way sometimes...I really think that my husband purposely "sleeps" through the crying on the monitor just so he doesn't have to get up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lenae, I hate to say it because I am CERTAIN that your sweet husband would NEVER do that (but I am pretty sure he does)! Just refrain from kicking him while he sleeps because he will blame me.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for visiting my page. I can send you some info on the product if you would like. my email is katiandresen14@gmail.com http://katiandresen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE feedback--especially the POSITIVE kind...