Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Goodbye, Frumpy...(easier said than done...)

It turns out, I used to be hot. No--it's true. I KNOW what you are thinking..."I KNEW her then (whenever "used to" was...) or dated her then and she was NOT 'hot'," but I'm sorry to say it--you are wrong.

I looked at old pictures the other night and didn't even RECOGNIZE the person in those photos. I literally ran (yes--LITERALLY) to the mirror to do a comparative study. The result? I used to be hot. Now...well, let's just say I USED to be hot. It's really all relative.

 Here's the thing--I never THOUGHT I was hot--or even too pleasing to the eye. I knew I wasn't a heinous abomination or anything and children didn't run screaming from the room when I entered (though they don't do that now, either--unfortunately...), I just didn't realize just how good I looked. Comparatively speaking. You see, if we all had a glimpse into what COULD happen, we would be far more secure with ourselves and our present state of...hotness. Compared to the facial hair-ridden-under-eye-bag-wearin'- child-totin'-overweight mess I've become, I would even go as far as to say I was SMOKIN'. Yeah--that's right--I said it. And I will not hear otherwise from naysayers.

I look at pictures of high school and college friends and they look like they walked off of the Desperate Housewives set. Perfect makeup (pshaw...MAKEUP!), perfect hair, perfect bodies...I think they may even...SHOWER. REGULARLY. Bitches. Just kidding--excuse the language. Especially since those of you reading ARE hot--and have kept your hotness throughout childbirth and parenting. Some of you are even HOTTER than you were (as if that could even be POSSIBLE!). Instead of calling you names, I need to be happy for you--and I am. Really. In fact, there should be some kind of an award or something for those of you who didn't lose it...I know how hard it had to be considering how hard it was for ME to be HERE! Yes...it could get WORSE...I need to do something about it. TODAY.

 So if I get "hot" again, will I know it, or will I constantly be reaching for something that is unattainable? I think of when I used to babysit (I didn't stop until I was like thirty--I made more money doing that than what I made TEACHING. So sad...) and some of the moms REALLY had it together and were still hot. Some of the moms, however, didn't start to look (their degree of) "hot" until well after their children left the toddler years. Don't get me wrong--no one got THIS bad and they were all pretty--I'm talking about HOT. You could tell they missed it and when they got it back, they took frumpy by the neck and laid it out for good. THIS inspires me. A little laser-hair treatment (a dear friend asked me after the chin hair debacle why I haven't done this yet. Money? Time? Complacency? Good question!), regular trips to the gym (instead of four days on...one week off...one day on...two weeks off...three days...you get it), clothing that doesn't look like I got it from the PE lost and found...THESE things will help in my quest. And THIS time I will appreciate HOT. I will embrace it, love it and nurture it like it is a deserted baby on a stoop. Hopefully then, it won't leave me again.

8 comments:

  1. Haha...love your blog! New GFC follower...come check out my blog too!

    http://dailymomlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I didn't respond...thanks for stopping by--I remember checking out your blog, but I am unable to find it again...could you send me the link?

      Delete
  2. Love the blog -- so funny. I'm following via GFC. Would love a follow at MindfullyFrugalMom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know why I missed this...thanks for following and for leaving a sweet comment! I am following you now, too!

      Delete
  3. I am so lovin' your blog, especially the name! I often feel that way about myself since I had my little girl, lol.

    New follower here from the Finding New Friends Hop, http://babyfeetandpuppybreath.blogspot.com/

    I hope you have the chance to drop by, say hello and follow me back.
    Thanks and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry that I never responded to this...I don't know what happened! Anyway, I am following your sweet blog now and hope to keep up this time!

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad I found your blog in the Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop! :)

    http://thisthatandalittlemore-itscomplicated.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I missed you, but am now following!

      Delete

I LOVE feedback--especially the POSITIVE kind...