Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I've Been Served...

My son just came home with a note in  his agenda about...being late for school. Yep. Today (and yesterday...) we didn't get to school until 9:30. School STARTS at 9:20. At 9:20, they eat breakfast (I think we've covered that) and evidently, due to the fact that he has been "...arriving VERY (I would underline that if I knew how to) late to school," " he is starting to miss part of his Anthology lessons and morning greeting. [Could I] try to be at school by 9 am? Thanks! Have a Fantastic Night!"

Sure--I'LL have a fantastic night. I really hate that I am THAT parent. When I taught I swore I would never (again with the never...) be THAT parent. But they are KILLING me. I am fully aware that I had to sign my children in late...AGAIN. I am fully aware that there is always SOMEONE screaming and crying at my house. Sometimes it's even the children...I am also fully aware that they need to be at school. On time. No, I'm not holding them back each morning because I want to spend more time with them--I PROMISE. And I'm pretty sure I won't have a fantastic night--but thanks for thinking of me. I'm SURE she is REALLY concerned about the kind of night I'm having.

Brayden just came to me in a panic because he forgot his ANTHOLOGY book at school. Yes, that's right, his ANTHOLOGY book. the same book that is used for the "lessons" his negligent mother can't seem to get him to SCHOOL for these days. I'm glad she noted the time. She even gave me fifteen minutes to work with. Surely I can have him to school by then.

My daughter is in her room now, crying because of the way she treated everyone this morning and because she didn't eat her lunch...again...so I gave her Rice Krispie treat from breakfast (THANKS AGAIN, SCHOOL DISTRICT...) to her siblings. Let's be honest--she's only crying because of the Rice Krispie Treat. At least SOMETHING is getting through to her. Perhaps I should dress her NOW for school TOMORROW. THEN Brayden will be there on time. Unless it's HIS turn to push me over the edge tomorrow... I'm not sure how this "tag-team" thing works exactly. Sometimes they rotate daily, sometimes weekly, sometimes hourly. they like to keep me on my toes. I'm being punished for whatever I did to those parents when I was teaching. I'M SORRY! I guess I should be prepared for tomorrow's letter of reprimand...

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I just laughed sooo hard! Will you do me a favor and take a picture of your kids before bed tonight, in tomorrow's clothes?!! haaa! oh, and next time the kids are naughty send me their breakfast! sounds delicious!!! real "health" food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. rice crispy treat as breakfast? even around my house that barely passes nutrition standards for desert...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're laughing, Jen! maybe if I send a picture in WITH Brayden tomorrow his teacher will see that I'm trying. Not a bad plan. I don't know if either of you saw it, but the "healthy breakfast" rant was my second or third blog on here. The school actually gives them out for breakfast. To be fair, it was an Apples and Cinnamon breakfast bar that looked and tasted like a Rice Krispie treat. Kind of like the whole muffin and cake thing...you know...being the SAME...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I would say take a picture of what goes on and send it on to the teacher when and if you have complaints......send a copy of your blog post. Maybe she has a sense of humor?
    Poor Nika!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason the exclamation points came out as ll.'s....really...the keyboard is acting up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in the same boat as you. I swore I would never Be THAT MOM!!I wish my school started at 9, we start at 730. Can you imagine getting 5 people out of the house before 7 without someone screaming or crying? And yes the crying and meltdowns usually before come from me. I was just asking someone today if I was the only mom in the world that had issues in the morning. I'm glad I am not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE having to leave that early! I honestly do n ot know how you do it--yelling and crying or not! Am I going to have to DO that one day?If so, I'm going to have to look into having someone homeschool my children--just not me...any takers?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Martha--I hope she does--she seems very serious which would make it hard for her to tolerate me! As for the exclamation points, it's this weird font--I need to fix it. I wonder what will happen first--will I A. fix the font, B. post the pictures or C. remove the toaster from my driveway. Stay tuned...:o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would say the toaster stays....fix the font!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE feedback--especially the POSITIVE kind...